Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
What is it Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)?
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Initiative (OINP) is the province's program for economic immigration. It collaborates with the Canadian government through Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Foreign employees, foreign students, and those with the necessary abilities, experience, and education apply for nomination to the OINP.
The OINP identifies and nominates candidates for permanent residence who have the skills and expertise that the Ontario economy requires, but the Government of Canada takes the final decision on whether or not to grant applications for permanent residence.
Categories to apply for OINP:
Employer Job Offer Category:
The employer job offer category is divided into 3 streams that function on an expression of interest basis. To be eligible for the employer job offer streams, you must first create a profile in the OINP e-Filing Portal, then register an expression of interest for your employer job offer category, get an invitation to apply, and have a full-time and permanent employment offer from an Ontario business.
1. Stream of Foreign Employees: for skilled workers
2. International Student Stream: For recent Ontario graduates
3. In-Demand Skills: for intermediate skilled employees in certain industries such as
agriculture, construction, haulage, and personal support workers.
Human Capital Category:
The OINP assists firms in meeting their labour-force demands by allowing them to hire foreign employees and international students.
There are 4 streams under OINP Human Capital Program:
1. PhD Graduates Master's Degree Graduates
2. Ontario Priorities for Human Capital – Express Entry
3. Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Worker Who Speaks French
4. Refugee claimants who have a pending application to remain in Canada are unable to
apply for OINP. Before filing for OINP, a refugee claimant whose claim has been denied,
abandoned, or withdrawn must leave Canada. Refugee claimants may apply to OINP
only after they have fled Canada.
There is just 1 stream in the business category. You must be an entrepreneur from outside of Canada wishing to start a new business or purchase and expand an existing one in Ontario. It allows an entrepreneur (and up to one foreign national business partner) to be nominated for permanent residency after establishing their firm in Ontario.
When applying for permanent residency, there are 4 major processes to take:
1) Make certain that you are eligible.
- Once you've decided the stream you want to apply for, make sure you satisfy all of the
qualifications for that stream.
2) Create a profile to be contacted with an invitation to apply or a notice of interest.
- Before you may apply to be nominated, you must first create a profile in the system that corresponds to your stream. A score system will be used to rate the profiles.
- Top applicants will be invited to apply or will be notified of their interest.
- Employer job offer streams and foreign students: create a profile in the OINP e-Filing
Portal to show your interest in your preferred stream(s).
- Express Entry Streams: Create an Express Entry profile in Immigration, Refugees, and
Citizenship Canada's system.
3) Fill out an application to be nominated by the OINP.
- You may apply to be nominated by the OINP if you have received an invitation to apply
or a notification of interest.
- Employer employment offers and foreign students: if you got an invitation to apply, you must submit your application online within 14 calendar days using the OINP e-Filing
- Express Entry Streams: If you have received a notification of interest, you must apply
online within 45 calendar days using the OINP e-Filing Portal. The application takes 2 to
3 hours to complete.
4) Apply for permanent residency with the Government of Canada.
- If your application is approved and you are nominated by the OINP, you must next apply for permanent residency through IRCC.
- The final decision on who becomes a permanent resident is made by the Government of Canada.
Annual OINP nominations:
The federal government, via Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), distributes a fixed number of nominations to the Ontario government each year (OINP).
Want to know more about OINP?
Immergity Immigration Inc. is always happy to help with any queries and is available to help you through this exciting time period of immigrating. For more information feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com or you can Call/WhatsApp us at +1.416.897.6664.