top of page
  • Writer's pictureImmergity Immigration

Provincial Nominee Programs - Permanent Residency - No Job Offer

Updated: Jun 1, 2022

Permanent Residence Canada - No Job Offer - Immergity Immigration Consultant
Permanent Residence Canada - No Job Offer - Immergity Immigration Consultant

We get so many queries asking for a work permit as they are short on CRS points. When we ask the candidate if they have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, a majority say they do not. Although, having a job offer helps in boosting your CRS score, it is possible to apply for Permanent Residency without a job offer.

Programs to immigrate to Canada without a Job Offer – When applying from Outside Canada

1. Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OINP) – Human Capital Priorities stream

Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

It gives foreign workers with the required skilled work experience, language abilities and education the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario.

Mandatory requirements

To qualify under Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must meet the all the criteria in the following (7) categories. You do not need a job offer to apply.

1. Work experience – Outside Canada

You must meet all requirements under the Federal Skilled Workers Program FSW category in order to be eligible to apply.

The work experience should have been obtained under the same primary occupation as you identified in the Express Entry profile and must have been accumulated with the last 5 years of submitting your application to the OINP and on a full-time (or equivalent part time) basis in the NOC categories 0, A or B.

Any self-employed work experience needs to be quantifiable to ensure that you accumulated at least 1560 hours over a period of one year of employment. Your self-employed work experience should be independently verifiable through 3rd parties.


You must have a Canadian bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree or its equivalent in another country. Your educational qualifications (if achieved outside Canada) must be supported with an ECA report.


You must prove English or French proficiency at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher. You language skills must be supported with an approved English (IELTS/CELPIP) or French (TEF/TCF) Language test report.

4. Settlement funds

You must provide enough proof of money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada.

5. Intention to live in Ontario

You must be able to convince the assessing officer that you intend to live and settle in ONTARIO once granted permanent residence.

6. Legal status in Canada (if applicable)

For those applying from within Canada, must provide proof of legal status in Canada. You may apply if you are in ‘implied status’ at the time of your OINP application submission.

7. Federal Skilled Worker Program

If you choose to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), you must score at least 67 points on the six selection factors (education, language skills, work experience, age, arranged employment in Canada and adaptability).

How it works?

In order to qualify, you must have a valid EE profile. The Ontario government then screens eligible candidates based on the occupations in demand. If your profile matches the requirements, the Ontario Government will send you a Notification of Interest (NOI). Once you receive this NOI, you may then apply to the Ontario Government to be nominated for permanent residency.

An NOI does not guarantee that you meet stream criteria or that your application will be approved.

2. Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (SINP)

The Express Entry Sub-Category of the SINP International Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers that are in the candidate pool of Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Express Entry system. There are a number of requirements that must be satisfied in order for a potential immigrant to be eligible for this Saskatchewan PNP stream.

Applicants are eligible if they:

  1. Are accepted into the IRCC’s Express Entry Pool, have an Express Entry profile number and job seeker validation code

  2. Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP point assessment grid

  3. Provide valid language test results from a designated testing agency. The results should match what was declared on the Express Entry profile

  4. Have completed a post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship, that is comparable to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length. The candidate should have earned a diploma, certificate or degree during this period. And provide an ECA report of the same.

  5. Have work experience in a highly skilled occupation in the National Occupation Classification (NOC), o, A or B that’s in-demand in Saskatchewan

SINP - International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand

This sub-category is for skilled workers who:

  • Do not have a job offer in Saskatchewan but are highly skilled in an in-demand occupation.

  • Meet the criteria. Criteria can change at any time, but we will use what was on this website when we first got your application.

You may qualify if:

  • You live outside of Canada or have proof of legal status in Canada

  • Are not a refugee claimant

  • Score a minimum of 60 points out of 110 on the SINP point assessment grid

  • Have a language score of at least 4 – Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4

  • Have completed post-secondary education, training, or apprenticeship that's comparable to that in Canada

  • Have earned a diploma, certificate, or degree

  • For education outside of Canada, you must submit an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization.

  • Individuals who have completed trades or job training as part of their high school education must instead apply for Saskatchewan licensure

  • Have work experience that is high skilled and not on the Excluded Occupation List

  • You must have a minimum of one year of full-time (minimum 30 hours per week) paid work experience in a skilled occupation over the past 10 years related to your field of education. Your work experience must be in a high skilled occupation (NOC "0", "A" or "B") that is in-demand in Saskatchewan at the time of your application.

  • Your work experience must be related to your occupation and education

  • Meet SINP Requirements Related to Professional Status or Licensure

  • You may need to provide proof of Professional Status or of eligibility for Licensure

  • You must include all required documents in your application. Missing documents will result in your incomplete application being returned. Your application fee will not be refunded.

  • Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.

How it Works

To apply for this sub-category, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). If you successfully submit an EOI, you will be entered into the EOI pool of eligible candidates. Not all candidates who submit an International Skilled Worker EOI will be invited to apply to the SINP.

3. Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP) - Labour Market Priorities

The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream selects candidates in the federal Express Entry system who meet provincial labour market needs to apply for nomination. Only candidates who receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration may apply.


To apply you must:

  • receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;

  • submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your letter of interest was issued;

  • meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;

  • demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses;

  • have legal status in your current country of residence;

  • meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest; and

  • have a valid Express Entry number and meet all IRCC criteria for the Express Entry pool.

Investor Program

There’s also the Canadian Investor Program category. Depending upon your net worth and your business experience, you could qualify for immigration without a job.

Express Entry options that let you immigrate without a job offer include:

You may qualify for a Canadian work permit exemption in one of the following circumstances:

  • Foreign representatives.

  • Family members of foreign representatives

  • Athletes and team members

  • Performing artists

  • News reporters, media crews

  • Public speakers

  • Convention organizers

  • Business Visitors

  • Clergy

  • Judges, referees and similar officials

  • Examiners and evaluators

  • Expert witnesses or investigators

  • Foreign government officers

  • Health care students

  • Civil aviation inspector

  • Transportation Crew

  • Aviation accident or incident inspector

  • On-campus employment

  • Military personnel

  • Implied Status

Why do you need an authorized representative?

There is a higher risk of refusal in cases where the application is not properly prepared. No one can guarantee an approval (not even us), but we are confident with our experience we can significantly increase your chances at a positive outcome for your case. Immigration cases are time sensitive and require professional approach. You may be able to self educate yourself by reading online or consulting with friends, but when it comes to handling the documentation and formats that are evaluated on strict guidelines, it is always better to seek professional help. Misrepresentation of facts or providing incorrect information (even if it was unintentional) could result in refusal if not a BAN.

Use our online Assessment Form to share relevant information for your case. Get in touch with us and we will assess your case and provide you with the best possible guidelines.

Disclaimer: These articles provide information of a general nature only. It may no longer be current. It does not give legal advice nor should you rely on it as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, you should consult a lawyer. If you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

7 views0 comments


bottom of page